http://www.hearingsolutionstc.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/hearingsolutions-logo-1.png 0 0 Hearing Solutions http://www.hearingsolutionstc.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/hearingsolutions-logo-1.png Hearing Solutions2010-04-16 09:19:392012-09-07 13:46:27Eye-Opening Facts about Hearing Loss
- Approximately one in 10 Americans has some degree of hearing loss. It may reach 44 million by 2030.
- Only 14 percent of physicians today ask patients if they have any hearing problems.
- People with untreated hearing loss are more likely to report depression, anxiety, and paranoia and less likely to participate in organized activities, compared to those who wear hearing aids, according to a survey by the National Council on the Aging (NCOA) of 2,300 hearing-impaired adults, age 50 or older.
- Untreated mild to moderate hearing loss is associated with short-term memory loss, according to a Brandeis University study.
- People with untreated hearing loss make, on average, up to $23,000 less per year, depending on the degree of their hearing loss. Wearing hearing aids mitigates the loss in earnings about 50 percent.
- Nine out of ten hearing aid users report improvements in their quality of life, according to a survey by the Better Hearing Institute of more than 2,300 consumers.